How to Bypass a Required School

If you believe you already have the skills taught in a Denver Group school required for a hiker or skier classification, you are encouraged to apply to bypass the school to receive a classification change. To bypass a school, please review the school description on this web site. Then prepare a resume of your skills and/or outside training, and contact the school’s director for instructions on how to submit your request.

Each school has its own criteria and procedures for granting bypass requests. You may be required to meet with school committee members and demonstrate certain skills.

Back to Trip Classification Main Page