Tuition for the Backpacking School is $125.
Registration is a 2-step process.
- Email Jennie Popovich ([email protected]), the school director, the following:
- Year you took Wilderness Trekking School
- Your CMC member number
- Register for the school on the CMC website once you’ve received your registration code. You must be a CMC member to register. If you are not yet a CMC member, join at CMC.org.
The Denver Group Backpacking School is open to all CMC members 18 and older regardless of hiking classification, and youth 15–17 years of age accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students are expected to be comfortable with basic day hiking.
Successful completion of the Wilderness Trekking School (WTS) is required. If you haven’t completed WTS but believe your trekking skills are proficient, especially in navigation, you can submit a WTS waiver for approval. Please review the WTS curriculum before submitting a waiver.
- Refunds of 100% (less a $10 processing charge) will only be made if a written request is made more than 30 days before the first class.
- Refunds of 50% will be made if a written request is made within 30 days of the first class.
- If a wait list has been established for the school, and a replacement is found, a member can receive a refund (based on the above schedule, less a $10 processing fee).
- Requests for refunds should be sent to the school director.
- No refunds will be made after the first class.
Back to the Main Page