The CMC’s Telemark Ski School is designed to help beginners and experts alike learn or improve their tele skills, and put those skills to use in the backcountry. If you currently venture into the backcountry on touring skis, have witnessed tele skiers carving sweet s-turns down slopes or through the trees, and have wondered to yourself “can I do that?” we’re here to tell you that yes, you can and we’ll help you get there! You’ll spend the day at the ski area learning and practicing those skills. There will be an optional backcountry day that you can sign up for in the CMC schedule. We will be offering the school in three separate modules, one in January, February and March. The best way to take advantage of the school is to take the January module, practice for a few weeks, then take the February or March module to hone your skills. But you can take them singly as well. This is YOUR year for telemark skiing!
You must be able to ski green runs at a ski area, using either either alpine or tele turns, and also know how to get on and off lifts.
$50 for Denver Group Members and $60 for non-DGC members. Cost does not include ski area lift tickets. They will be available for $60 at the lecture night. Standard CMC cancellation policy applies.
- January 8, 2022, Enrollment Deadline
- January 9, 2020, All day field trip Loveland
- Sign-up Online for Session A
- February 12, 2022 Enrollment Deadline
- February 13, 2022, All day field trip Loveland
- Sign-Up Online for Session B
- March 19, 2022 Enrollment Deadline
- March 20, 2022, All day field trip Loveland
- Sign-Up Online for Session C
Contact Jim Kennedy, Director at 303-944-8731 before 9pm or e-mail Jim Kennedy