The Denver Group 2019 Telemark Ski School will celebrate its 36th year of providing quality volunteer instruction to hundreds of students hailing from all over Colorado! We help “never-ever” telemark skiers, beginner, intermediate and advanced-level telemark skiers learn and/or improve their telemark skiing skills and teach them how to transition those skills into the backcountry for more enjoyable adventures. If you currently venture into the backcountry on touring skis, have witnessed tele skiers carving sweet s-turns down slopes or thru the trees, and have wondered to yourself “can I do that”, well we’re here to tell you that yes, you can and we’ll help you get there! You’ll attend an evening full of telemark skiing information and get to know your fellow students then spend Saturday at the ski area learning and practicing telemark skills. There will be optional backcountry ski days that you can sign up for in the CMC schedule. We will let you know when these backcountry days are scheduled. We will be offering the school in three separate modules, one in January, February and March. The best way to take advantage of the school is to take the January module, practice for a few weeks, then take the February or March module. But you can take them singly as well. This is YOUR year for telemark skiing!
You must be able to ski green runs at a ski area, using either alpine or telemark turns. You need to know how to get on and off lifts. You will need modern telemark skis (no skis with less than a 70mm waist). Also no leather boots.
- January 14, 2019, Enrollment Deadline
- January 15, 2019, 5:45 – 6:30 (registration); 6:30 – 8:00pm, lecture at the CMC
- January 19, 2019, All day field trip Loveland
- February 4, 2019 Enrollment Deadline
- February 5, 2019, 5:45 – 6:30 (registration); 6:30 – 8:00pm, lecture at the CMC
- February 9, 2019, All day field trip Loveland
- February 25, 2019 Enrollment Deadline
- February 26, 2019, 5:45 – 6:30 (registration); 6:30 – 8:00pm, lecture at the CMC
- March 2, 2019, All day field trip Loveland
$50 for Denver Group Members and $60 for non-DGC members. Cost does not include ski area lift tickets. They will be available for $40 at the lecture night. Standard CMC cancellation policy applies.
Contact Jim Kennedy, Director at 303-944-8731 before 9pm or e-mail Jim Kennedy